There are a few different ways to enhance your features and correct facial volume loss. Dermal fillers are the most common solution for sunken cheeks, hollow temples, deep nasal folds, thin lips, and other concerns. But sometimes, a lesser-known treatment called facial fat transfer can be a better choice. Here are six reasons to join the growing number of patients who prefer this service:
- Fat transfer is essentially permanent: Your body will slowly absorb most dermal fillers. The results last anywhere from a few months to several years, depending on the filler. Meanwhile, transferred fat lives on in the treatment area for a long-lasting improvement.
- It can be more cost-effective than fillers: A fat transfer appointment is typically more expensive than a filler appointment. However, it can save you money in the long run. You won’t need to return to our practice for the maintenance appointments that fillers require.
- Fat transfer has body contouring benefits: Your fat cells will be collected from another part of your body using liposuction. It can have a nice slimming effect on problem spots such as your tummy, thighs, upper arms, or other areas with excess fat.
- There’s little chance of an allergic reaction: Some people are allergic to the synthetic materials in dermal fillers. Admittedly, this reaction is quite rare. However, it’s not a concern with fat grafting. After all, the treatment uses your fat to provide volume.
- Fat injections contain stem cells: Fat tissue is a plentiful source of stem cells and growth factors. That is why fat grafting can stimulate collagen growth. This process helps with facial rejuvenation and can take your youthful appearance to the next level.
- It can enhance the outcome of facial procedures: Fat transfer plays well with many different facial procedures, such as a brow lift, eyelid surgery, or an S-lift facelift.
Our practice is proud to offer ATGRAFT™ Autologous fat transfer (ATF). It can safely store your fat and stem cells for future treatments without the need for another liposuction procedure.
Discover the Best Treatment for You
Dr. Fredric Stern has extensive experience with facial fat transfer and dermal fillers. He can determine which option will work better for your needs. Call 425-455-9100 to book a consultation. Our practice serves patients from Bellevue, Seattle, and across the Northwest.